Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fiestaval!

Last weekend I decided to show my younger sister downtown Calgary, since she's never been before. While showing her Stephen Ave. and hoping to show her Olympic Plaza we heard music. Out of the blue we were in the middle of a market! It wasn't until later that I realised we had stumbled upon the Calgary Latin Festival. There were amazing vendors everywhere, and food from all over. The atmosphere was amazing. People dancing, viewing the endless vendor stands and trying all of the tasty, multicultural, food. It was awesome, to say the least, to be suddenly swallowed up among the crowd. We watched the musicians for a while, and got to see some extremely talented dancers. Everyone was so happy and carefree, it was the best possible way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon and I'm so glad my sister got a preview of the amazing Calgary culture.







No comments:

Post a Comment