Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chinatown Festival!

Today I spent the afternoon, in the nearly 30 degree heat, enjoying the market and entertainment that the Chinatown community was putting on. I have to admit, this was by far the most different festival I've been to yet! There were so many things I've never seen before. From food, to drinks, to the entertainment, every part of today was a learning experience. There were lots of people in stands along the streets, and just as many had laid their wares down along the sidewalk for everyone to view and buy. There was different foods and small grocery markets to check out, with food I've never seen. My favorite stand was Swoon, though. They sold amazing handmade jewelry that looked so delicate and had the best collection of colorful leather bags. I wanted it all! Everything in the market area was so colorful, and the entertainment didn't disappoint either. Just as colorful, and everything I'd hoped for. For somewhere, right in the middle of downtown, there's a world of difference. If you didn't go this year, you have to next August.



I loved this sign that Swoon had up. And this is a small sampling of their amazing stand! One day, that green bag will be mine!






No comments:

Post a Comment