Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taste of Calgary! 1 of 2

Here we go again! I think I've missed my calling, or maybe I was a food critic in my past life, because every last bit of The Taste of Calgary was thoroughly enjoyed! I ventured downtown with my famjam (minus Manila) on Saturday after a morning of berry picking (@ Kayben Farm's) and checked out all the different vendors handing out sample sized portions of their most popular concoctions. The very first thing I tried out was the Lounge Burger - AAA Slider, and I was so sad that it was only a slider, I wish i lasted longer than 3 bites. The patty was topped off with grilled onions, cheesy cheese and crispy bacon! Next up was Rick's Grills GINORMOUS rib - DELICIOUS! Enough said. After that we found the China Rose kiosk and picked up some ginger beef, probably the second best ginger beef I've had in the city...I'm pretty critical when it comes to my Chinese food. Almost last, but not least was Caribbean Choice's Jamaican patties, and all I can say is that I'm a big fan. Watch out Joycee's it's a toss up whose are better! The icing on the cake was a white chocolate mousse by La Vita e Bella - YUM. I love white chocolate, and this mousse reminded me why. It was the perfect way to leave my taste pallet. Thanks for the good eats!


Berry Picking @ Kayben Farm's (BEST raspberries!)


Huge crowds @ Eau Claire Market


Get your tickets


Rick's Grill


Caribbean Choice

No comments:

Post a Comment